Job Title: Senior Technical Editor
Location: Redstone/Huntsville, AL
Job Code: M-17-16
MSSI is seeking to add a Senior Analyst/Logistician/Specialist to our team. The Senior Level Analyst is responsible for formulation of the opinions, decisions and ultimate performance of the task specified in the statement of work contained in the task order. This labor category requires experience and the ability to perform detailed and complex calculations plus knowledge of practices/principles necessary to assess advanced systems concepts, assess specifications and perform system integration. This labor category may call for team lead functions to include the distributing of assignments and tracking progress, among a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The candidate employee will
- Develop draft procedures, manuscripts, illustrations, parts listings, and requests for camera-ready materials for Field and Sustainment maintenance.
- Shall review Equipment Publications for consistency with logistics data base/technical drawings.
- Provide recommendations for the development of Repair Parts and Special Tool Lists (RPSTL) illustrations and parts listings in generation breakdown order.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of appropriate Army regulations and standards to ensure that basic equipment publications and changes to technical manuals meet the primary standards for development, revisions, and illustrations found in AR 25-30, The Army Publishing Program.
- Should have a working knowledge of Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) and Extensible Markup Language (XML).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a task related discipline (acquisition, logistics, business or management as it relates to the task order) and a minimum of 8 years of task related experience.
*A High School Diploma, or equivalent, and a total of 11 years of task related experience may be used in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
SKILLS: Candidate will demonstrate a working knowledge of Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) and Extensible Markup Language (XML). Possess a strong knowledge of data manipulation capabilities in Microsoft Excel. Candidate must possess strong oral and written communication skills with co-workers, managers, and government customers to include presentation skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit. Must be able to operate computer keyboards and mouse. May occasionally be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain and maintain an active DoD security clearance at the level required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Interested in this position?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your resume here!